Re: Ethernet Adapter Support

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 08:08:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Shawn Bishop wrote:

> I have an AcerLAN ALN-101 PnP Ethernet Adapter and I was wondering if
>there currently any support drivers in linux for this product. This is an
>ISA card and supposedly NE200 compatable, however, I have been upable to get
>the card to recognize. Do you have any suggestions?

All NE2000 cards are supported under Linux. You'll need to use
the isapnptools if your card is in PnP mode.

Alternatively, if you can disable PNP mode, and the card has
jumpers or can be configured via software, you can set the I/O
base and IRQ, etc.. manually.

You can boot into DOS/Win and use the utilities that came on disk
with the card, or you can try the ne2kutils package that Donald
Becker has made.

The NE2000 cards need to have the I/O base specified on the
modprobe command line, or via /etc/conf.modules, or as a command
line option to the kernel if you build the driver into the
kernel.

Take care, and good luck.
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net