Re: 2.1.125 Show stopper list: Draft

Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 07:17:40 -0400 (EDT)

On 15 Oct 1998, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> This looks certainly doable, give or take a lot of handwaving, but I'd say
> we spend our effort on making the kernel 100% bug free so that it doesn't
> have to be replaced in the first place.

Hmmm, that's a noble thought, though I'm not too sure how practical
it is. :) Also, kernel updates don't just fix bugs, but they also add
functionality and new support. One problem I could easily see though is
that this module would have to be updated w/ every kernel release almost,
as things in the kernel get added or taken away or what-not, though perhaps
not, I don't know the kernel internals well enough to be able to really
make that determination, just a thought. :)

Stephen