Re: [ot]Re: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent

Jim Dennis (jimd@starshine.org)
14 Oct 1998 08:55:31 -0700

Gregory Maxwell <linker@z.ml.org> writes:

>>> Alredy: Windows98 could not talk with SAMBA "out of box". In jule
>>> there was article in MS KB where this topic was discussed and
>>> solution described. Not anymore.

>> hmm. Encrypted passwords. ;)

> Speaking of this, is someonw working on a NT encrypted pam module so I
> dont need to maintain TWO password files?

Look at the Samba sources and packages. There is a
pam_smb.so and there was work on a pam_ntdom.so in the
works. These handle the client side.

Meanwhile Samba 2.x (beta's) have some support for
providing DC (NT PDC and BDC --- primary and backup domain
controller) services.

This is all userspace!

--
Jim Dennis  (800) 938-4078		consulting@starshine.org