Re: Richard Gooch [LONG and OFFTOPIC]

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:54:26 +1000

Riley Williams writes:
> Hi Richard.
>
> The rest of the rubbish you posted is unimportant, but I'd like to

It wasn't rubbish.

> take you up on one point, and I've carbonned this to the list simply
> because you told the lie in public in the first place. NO other reply
> than yours is either expected or wanted.
>
> > 3) All my auto replies were sent privately to the sender of offtopic
> > posts, and included loop detection. Furthermore, I watch my mail
> > filter like a hawk when I make changes, so even if I were to make
> > a configuration error, it would be fixed damn fast. I'm very
> > careful with this stuff.
>
> IF that was true, there would have been NO reason for you to send me
> ANY posts, never mind the FOUR that you sent my way, each quoting an
> ON TOPIC email of mine and claiming that it was off topic. I list the
> subjects for your perusal:
>
> 1. Re: L2TP support
>
> 2. Re: Network nicety
>
> 3. Win98 + Linux 2.1.x don't like each other
>
> 4. Re: Help clear up a misconception about SMP systems
>
> Please explain what's going on if you are really a responsible person
> like you appear to be claiming!!! Your performance so far leaves that
> in serious doubt...

I don't know what you're talking about. This is the procmail condition
that I used to auto-reply to the offtopic thread:
* ^Subject: .*(Geeks with Guns|Arm the gnus)$

as you can see, none of the 4 subject lines you quoted matches that
condition. Furthermore, I've checked my logs and I have not sent any
offtopic auto replies to you.
If you wish to take this up further with me, that's fine. Please take
it off the list.

Regards,

Richard....