Re: Show stoppers

Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.cs.columbia.edu)
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 18:56:11 -0400

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:54:43 EDT, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> Speaking of sound...
>
> Sound still hard-locks my computer:
>
> Dual 166MMX
> Buslogic SCSI
> Awe 32 *OR* Plain SB16
>
> Most recently tested kernel: 2.1.125+ac2.

Same here, but on a VIA VP3 motherboard, UP. 2.1.125 locks up hard when using
either a SB16 or a CS4236 at 44.1kHz. So not even "voodoo programming" helps..

+ /* I hate voodoo programming but .. */
+ udelay(20);

I can try it with larger udelay() values if the author (Alan?) thinks it could
make a difference.

Interestingly enough, a few kernel revs ago I tried running timidity with
the default parameters (32kHz I believe) and it was ok, but it locked up
right away when I tried it at 44.1kHz.

Ion

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.