Re: soundcore not unloading -> tested -ac2 with succes

Arjan Filius (arjan@arjan.dyn.ml.org)
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:47:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Alan, sound-users,

Alan Cox wrote:
> As I keep saying this has been fixed in the -ac releases for ages. With any
> sound bug test a current 2.1.12x-ac release before reporting

Tested 2.1.125-ac2, some _report_ about it:

-Indeed the unload problems are fixed (some time ago)
-"Cannot get DMA memory" which i noted in plain 2.1.125 i haven't seen here :)
-"IRQ or DMA error" is gone (also not noted with 2.1.125), just some
sound interruption under very high load while playing mp3 files (which
seems normal to me due to lack of CPU power to provide the data stream)
I found only one single "IRQ or DMA error" while grepping syslog, and is
much better than i've noted with 2.1.124

Not that importand, but i found at the end of your ac2 patch :
Binary files linux.vanilla/scripts/lxdialog/lxdialog and linux/scripts/lxdialog/lxdialog differ
Binary files linux.vanilla/scripts/split-include and linux/scripts/split-include differ

And 'patch' complains about it (patch is succesfull so _doesn't_ matter)

I noted just an other strange thing, which i noted with 2.1.125 also
(well at least i noted a similar strange thing with renicing, but didn't
pay much attention to it then).
Renicing a process with 'top' with a '-1' nice value seems _just_ not
to work right, example renicing top (itself) with value -1 as root, shows
a nice value of 10. This is only with -1, and all other tested values seem
to work OK. I'm not sure when this _feature_ is introduced.
Strange, but not deadly :)

Bye,

Arjan Filius
mailto:iafilius@xs4all.nl