Re: ECONNREFUSED in recvfrom ?

Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:04:50 -0400 (EDT)

Alan Cox writes:

> POSIX doesn't have to say. 1003.1g is still unfinished and has
> fundamental design flaws that even though I have pointed them
> out to the listed contacts have not been resolved as far as I know.

Wouldn't you say this is a fundamental design flaw too:

1. send packet
2. sent unrelated packet (does it go out?), get error from packet one
3. send packet
4. quit

(and obviously no errors on that last packet...)

Seriously, isn't that a truly horrid design? Unless (perhaps) Unix98
says otherwise, to hell with such crap.