Re: Arm the gnus

Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:28:28 -0400 (EDT)

David Luyer writes:

> Please, kill this thread.

Good...

> I hadn't realised quite how insane Americans are until this guns thread
> came up. I didn't want to respond to it but the idiocy has dragged me

Oops! You don't want to kill the thread. You want the last word.
You are of course wrong, and thus the thread continues.

> into it - the belief of Americans that their constitution is the
> law of the world

Errm, no. The constitution does not grant rights. It guarantees some
of the rights which are given to everyone by God.

> (a country with laws which bans export of encryption and yet do
> nothing to stop the masses from owning firearms).

Both are issues of freedom. If you do not defend your freedom,
it _will_ be taken from you. Sadly, encryption was not defended
well enough. At least we still have a few small weapons.

> 1: This doesn't belong here.

Neither does your I-get-the-last-word post.

> 2: There is no "natural right to bear arms".

There you go again, adding fuel to the fire. You ought to fight
for your natural rights. Those that give up their freedom for a
bit of comfort deserve neither and will get neither. All throughout
history, oppressive governments have disarmed people so that the
people may be controlled like dumb sheep. (you are a dumb sheep)

> Their pro-guns and pro-racism policies put them right where they
> deserved to be - out of parliament.

That's quite a bit of fuel right there, associating gun ownership
with racism. Gun owners can shoot KKK members you know! That might
be justified too, if you are a victem of them.

> The Australian society has grown up and realised that a society
> without guns is a far safer society. It takes a cursory glance at
> the statistics of violent crimes and deaths to realise that gun
> ownership is not a sensible thing for the masses.

We banned gun ownership in Washington D.C., and crime rates soared.