Re: "Geeks with Guns" at Atlanta Linux Showcase

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:43:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Chris Farris wrote:

> Geeze I'd hate to see the bugs in that one.... :)

(ROFL!)

> KDE and GNOME advocates will not be admitted. :)

Yeah, long may they quake in their boots... BEWARE geeks bearing guns..

> This is important: Shoot first, drink second. This is a problem for a
> lot of the locals down here, so I wanted to make that clear. :).

Agreed. Guns and drugs'n'alcohol *do* not mix.

> 1996: Congress votes to ban smut on the Net.
> 1997: Supreme court overturns Congress's ban on Smut.
> 1998: Congress votes to publish smut on the Net.
> 1998: Congress again tries to ban smut on the Net.

(ROFL!) This is one of the things I found so wierd about the USA!

Personally, I don't think I'll be able to make it down to Atlanta - lots
of work to do at NASA up here in MD (although I live in VA - nicer place!)

Cheers,
Alex

--
 /\_/\  Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
 > ^ <  Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk - *new* - rewritten for text browser users!

Linux tahallah 2.1.125 #49 SMP Fri Oct 9 07:18:02 EDT 1998 Two Intel Pentium Pro processors, 331.78 total bogomips, 32M RAM System library 2.0.97