Re: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 22:01:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > Anyway, that means that the last of my personal show-stopper bugs in 2.1.x
> > seems to be finally history. I still expect to sync up with Alan Cox's
> > patches in particular, but I'm mentally getting ready for a real 2.2.
>
> > Go forth, multiply, and fill the earth,
>
> * The office box, designated as "devfs guinea pig" is still running
> 2.1.124/v65 (why in the hell hasn't devfs been included yet ? If people
> don't want to use it, they just have to reply "no" in the xconfig). Its

I have to say, there's more people running/testing devfs
right now, even being it is a seperate patch, than a LOT
of INCLUDED kernel drivers... It has been FURIOUSLY tested.

I believe including it would DEFINITELY NOT hurt. It has
NO effect if you CONFIG_DEVFS=n

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2088 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2107 for the rich and the dead.
834 days remaining in the Raw Deal.