Re: Another dead horse to beat upon (building 2.0.28 with egcs)

Ely Wilson (plexus@ionet.net)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 19:12:00 -0500 (CDT)

You can compile teh 2.0.2x+ kernels but not with egcs 1.0.3 (1.0.2 and
1.1+ will work fine) as the optimzations that 1.0.3 did/does did not agree
with some assembler code in the kernel. Or similar. At any rate, you can
compile a 2.0.xx kernel with egcs 1.1 or later (a, b, and also pgcc 1.1a)

The only drawback i sthat egcs will throw a great deal of warnings, but,
this could be fixed with some cleanup, then again it would be expensive
just to clean up warnings...

%--* ely