Re: POSIX Signals from dynamic to static-Why?

Steven Suson (suson@tti.TuckerEnergy.com)
Fri, 09 Oct 1998 15:53:52 -0500

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Because you have to limit it somewhere. Otherwise you have some rather
> bad memory DoS attacks by having people send unlimited numbers of
> signals and never answering to them.
>
> Linus

Thanks for the response. Is it then safe to assume that I may up the 1024,
as I would any "tunable" parameter? (I'm thinking of say 4-10K).

Thanks again,
Steve Suson

P.S. There appears to be a problem with signal masks, possibly only with
regards to threads. One of the few actual facts that I have, is that a
threaded program dies after receiving a realtime signal that should have
been masked, whereas this was not the behavior under 2.1.78 and 2.1.98.
I'll be investigating further early next week.