Re: D-Link ethernet?

Michael Larocque (mlarocque@shaw.wave.ca)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:44:32 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:
> > I can't seem to find any reference for D-Link adapters... what driver
> > should I use? I have a D-Link DFE-530TX card...
>
> Is this the new card with a custom D-Link chip? I.e. what chip is on the card?

Yes, it looks like a custom D-Link chip. IIRC it's something like
DL-10030 or somesuch. On their website it used to state (incorrectly)
that it used a 'tulip' chip. I bought a pair based on that. After
discovering their error, I sent them back and picked up a pair of
DFE-500TX's, which are tulip-based.

Mike

<*> Michael Larocque - mlarocque@shaw.wave.ca <*>
An idle CPU is a terrible thing to waste - www.distributed.net