Re: 2.0.36pre14

Jeremy Katz (katzj@technojunkie.com)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 07:57:41 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Hristo Grigorov wrote:

> Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > ftp.linux.org.uk:/pub/linux/alan/...
> >
> > Its 2.0.36pre14 time
> >
> [ ... ]
>
> I know Linus is too busy, but would be nice if he do
> such *new* kernel announces just in case there are
> peoples on this list that wants to test it but
> does not have so much time to read each mail posting
> here.

Linus doesn't _need_ to do this. The official kernel releases are
announced via another list on this same server, linux-kernel-announce, and
you can even get teh patches e-mailed to you (linux-kernel-patch). The
only announcements not seen that way are pre-patches, and generally, you
figure out those are out when your kernel doesn't build and about 100
people on the list complain about it :)

Jeremy Katz
--http://linuxpower.org -- Helping Users Harness the Power of Linux