Re: Hope for UDMA on Alladin simplex IDE?

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 07:37:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 parse@salem.k12.va.us wrote:

>Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:41:41 -0400 (EDT)
>From: parse@salem.k12.va.us
>To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
>Subject: Hope for UDMA on Alladin simplex IDE?
>
>Hi,
> Apparently the Alladin IDE chipset has become popular on a few
>MB's, and since it's got the screwy simplex dma, that apparently means no
>UDMA performance boost for people with this chipset.
> I was wondering if there was any way to get UDMA to a single HD,
>possibly by moving the CDROM drive to a separate cheap IDE controller.

I've got the datasheets if anyone is interested in implementing
this. I have a TX-Pro chipset (Alladin IV) and I'm very
interested in UDMA.

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net