Re: 3rd Party Patches / patches directory

Clifford Wolf (clifford@clifford.at)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:31:00 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Clifford Wolf wrote:
>
> >Well, on Linux Mama the 2.1.x patches are no longer been maintained and
> >most of the patches there call themself a bugfix. But the idea of my
> >patches archive isn't to have a collection of hotfixes - this patches
> >should do real enhancements to the linux kernel like incraseing a
> >kernel hardlimit, adding RT sheduling, ....
>
> AFAIK the kernel *has* RT scheduling. Jeorg Schilling, the
> author of cdrecord said so in an email to me not long ago. This
> is in 2.0.35. He said to look at the cdrecord source for
> examples of how to do it.

Well - I'm not a RT expert but the Linux Kernel has afaik no hard rt
scheduling. More info can be found at www.rtlinux.org ...

- clifford

Clifford Wolf (CEO and CTO)
The ROCK Projects Workgoup IRC: IRCnet / clifford
http://www.rock-projects.com/ http://www.clifford.at/
e-mail: c.wolf@rock-projects.com email: god@clifford.at