Re: 3rd Party Patches / patches directory

Clifford Wolf (clifford@clifford.at)
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:29:22 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Mike wrote:

> > I don't see so much traffic for this. Since bugfixes are not allowed I
> > don't thing that there will be more than a maximum of a few hundret
>
> Yeah, but a few hundred HTTP/FTP connections coming from a single machine
> all at once, completely unecesarily, is a waste of bandwidth. OK, maybe
> not all that much, but I would have thought it would be enough that you'd
> notice it.

It's true that it wouldn't be great to open all the connections parallel.
But instead of makeing an update which takes a few minutes every 4 hours
we could simple update it patch-by-patch one after the next. We have 4
hours to update them ...

BTW: I have an NNTP Server here. Believe me: I wouldn't notice the
diffrence. :-)

- clifford

Clifford Wolf (CEO and CTO)
The ROCK Projects Workgoup IRC: IRCnet / clifford
http://www.rock-projects.com/ http://www.clifford.at/
e-mail: c.wolf@rock-projects.com email: god@clifford.at