Re: The /tmp and modules_install saga

Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es)
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 18:44:22 +0200 (MET DST)

"A month of sundays ago Nicholas J. Leon wrote:"

> On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
>
> How about the following (please note that using my _exact_ implementation
> would require fixing nls to put its modules into FS_MODULES and
> NET_MISC_MODULES be folded into NET_MODULES -- unless we like having an
> modules/nls and modules/net_misc directory).

There's nothing wrong with that. I prefer it.

If you want to get rid of it just have a case statement in the bit where you
make the calculation of dirname. But I don't like hardwired fixes so I'd
prefer you to make a modules/nls and modules/net_misc if that's what
the rest of the makefile calls the lists of modules involved. It's robust
against future changes and requires less code, hence correct.

Peter