Re: More fuel to the fire [Linus' aesthetic DOES scale!]

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:29:45 +1000

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998 15:36:20 +0200 (CEST),
Rik van Riel <H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl> wrote:
>This means you'll have to send your patch to linux-kernel
>first, where it will be improved upon, discussed about
>etc... After spending a few days/weeks refining the patch
>with more people, it'll be submission time.

Been there, done that. Sent patch to list, people liked it, sent patch
to maintainer, maintainer liked it, maintainer sent patch to Linus
twice, no response, I sent the patch to Linus, no response, I gave up.

The frustrating thing is the lack of feedback, I would rather be told
that a patch was not going to be accepted than not knowing. All the
recommended procedures were followed for nothing.