Re: Linux-2.1.124...

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 22:31:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Michael Nelson wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 12:39:01PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> -> .. is out there now, and includes:
>
> ...the inability to boot my system.
>
> It stops with "VFS: unable to mount root" and something about unknown mount
> options followed by a bunch of graphics characters. Reverting to 2.1.123
> with the same configuration works fine.
>
> Michael

Now that you mention it, the first time I booted it it *looked*
like it hung at about that point, but I was trying the Sun
12x16 (or whatever) font, and it was unreadable.

So, I *might* have had that problem, but after it hung, I booted
into text mode, it worked, then compiled a 8x8 Pearl font bzImage,
and now 124 works great:

UP, i386, DevFS

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2083 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2102 for the rich and the dead.
839 days remaining in the Raw Deal.