Re: 2.1.122 oops (UP webserver)

Simon Kirby (sim@netnation.com)
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 11:19:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Simon Kirby <sim@netnation.com>
>
> Might be related to corrupted memory due to swap code changes I'm
> test with sct, but here it is anyway:
>
> This should be cured in 2.1.124, thanks to Bill Hawes fix posted here
> a week or so ago which I pushed to Linus for inclusion.

Thanks! :) I already have the patch applied and 2.1 it has been running
flawlessly for the last several days now. Honestly, 2.1 seems to now be
more stable than 2.0 -- 2.0 seems to be blowing up in oom situations where
2.1 seems to survive). I've had several hard freezes with 2.0.35 now
without any oopses, but they all seem to be related to oom conditions.
Also, all the employees in the building told me the mailserver felt a
zillion times faster when I put on 2.1, and I agree. I think we'll stick
with 2.1 now. :)

Simon-

| Simon Kirby | Systems Administration |
| mailto:sim@netnation.com | NetNation Communications |
| http://www.netnation.com/ | Tech: (604) 684-6892 |