Re: 2.1.123 (Possibly slower)

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:35:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

>Out of interest, Andrea, do you observe a slowdown _without_ the
>swap_free changes we discussed? I'd certainly expect to see a

I never run the untouched stock kernel just because I don' t like to have
garbage in _my_ swap cache ;-).

>slightly higher swap usage without that change, but I'm not sure what
>the performance impact of that would be. On a machine with a
>reasonable amount of memory I'd not expect it to be noticeable under
>normal running conditions.

I posted the patch to allow people with lots of different hardware to make
comparison. I have not the time to produce numbers now (due fucked exames
at University that force me to be not productive and to waste time argg).

Andrea[s] Arcangeli