Re: aic7xxx testers needed

Michael Alan Dorman (mdorman@debian.org)
01 Oct 1998 12:17:28 -0400

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> writes:
> The aic7xxx-5.1.0-pre13 driver has just been released. This driver is what
> I consider to be a final release candidate (except the debugging stuff is
> still enabled). I would ask as many people as possible to please try this
> version of the driver out and let me know if you have problems. If I don't
> here back from people that there are problems in this driver, then it will
> shortly become the official aic7xxx-5.1.0 driver for linux.
>
> The driver can be found at ftp.dialnet.net in
> /pub/linux/aic7xxx/5.1.0-pre-patches and there are patches against 2.1.123
> and 2.0.35. There are also boot disks for RedHat-5.1 and very shortly for
> SuSE 5.3 as well (I'm sure :)

Should this driver affect support for older 2842-VLB boards? Because
I've got a stack of such boards, and I've tried using them now and
again, but have consistently gotten OOPSes.

It's not important enough to me to bother anyone with it, but if this
driver *should* work, perhaps I can try and test this one.

Mike.