Re: Linus is on a powertrip..

Andrej Presern (andrejp@luz.fe.uni-lj.si)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:57:50 +0200

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, David Lang wrote:

>majordomo will support moderated lists, but who has the time, knowledge,
>and respect to filter this, and wouldn't we rather that person spend their
>time on kernel hacking?

I would like to expand the list of questions:

Who has the will, time, knowledge and respect to filter linux-kernel mailing
list such that only kernel related messages get posted to the list?

Who has the will, time, knowledge and respect to filter incoming patches to
the kernel's various subsystems?

Who has the will, time, knowledge and respect to ensure that a patch that is
submitted to Linus for inclusion in the kernel is working?

For each of the above questions, how many persons should do the job?

What specialized tools will be needed to ease the work of those people?

How will any intentional or unintentional abuse of the above jobs be prevented?

Andrej

--
Andrej Presern, andrejp@luz.fe.uni-lj.si