Re: Personalities and progress

Tim Smith (tzs@tzs.net)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, John Alvord wrote:
> One way to spare Linus a bit is NOT to cc: him automatically, especially
> on contentious issues (regardless of merit).

Actually, I don't see any reason to either CC or send directly to anyone
involved in a discussion on this list. Why not send *only* to the list?
If you send to both the list and a person, either directly or via CC,
they just end up seeing the message twice.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general, isn't sending only to the
list the best thing to do?

--Tim Smith