Re: REQUEST for /proc/cpuinfo copies & a baby bugbear :o(

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 21:10:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.03.9809211646140.4083-100000@mercator.cs.kuleuven.ac.b
> e>
> , Geert Uytterhoeven writes:
> +-----
> | On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Alex Buell wrote:
> | > Yeah, I do agree. I've just asked the m68k guys to look into making their
> | > /proc/cpuinfo compatible with x86 stuff. That will be one less problem to
> | > worry about.
> |
> | Unfortunately we Elitist 680x0 Users won't change it unless you have a _real_
> | good reason :-)
> +--->8
>
> How about "you elitist 680x0 users won't be able to (directly) use programs
> which work fine on all the other architectures because you are gratuitously
> incompatible"?

I don't see any reason why we should tell in _our_ proc/cpuinfo about the bugs
that are present in some of your CPUs...

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be