Re: Automounting CD's based on Volume label

T Taneli Vahakangas (vahakang@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:24:59 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Is there a way to mount different CDROM's on different dirs based
> on their ISO9660 volume label? I'd like to have some
> documentation CD's automatically mount under /usr/doc/whatever
> without messing around.

Debian comes with a program called "vold", which I believe does exactly
what you want.

>From .lsm:

<<
Primary-site: ftp.debian.org /pub/debian/unstable/source/misc/
Alternate-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/utils/disk-management/
11 kB vold-1.1.orig.tar.gz

Taneli <vahakang@cs.helsinki.fi>