Re: New option in ps for thread output management

Eric Paire (e.paire@opengroup.org)
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:29:33 +0200

> Eric PAIRE writes:
> >I intent to modify "procps-1.2.8" in order to add a new option to select
> >display of cloned processes.
>
> I suggest that you instead work with Albert on the new version of ps that
> he has been working on. I won't be accepting major changes to procps
> in the 1.2 series, as it is intended to be an absolutely rock solid stable
> release series.

I just developed these patches, because many people have complained that the
ps command was unable to provide an option to hide threads of multithreaded
applications. I am sure that you already have thought of this problem in the
new release of procps.

Best regards,
Eric
P.S. Perhaps I should not widely publish my patches, because it may confuse
people on the option to use for cloned processes display, unless we
agree on the flag and its semantics on the "ps" next generation.