Re: Lots of kernel oopses in pre-2.1.122-2 (CPU not overclocked)

Cezary Sliwa (sliwa@blue.cft.edu.pl)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:24:52 +0200 (CEST)

I bet this happens while unloading the NIC driver.
In my pre-2.1.122-2 kernel configuration unloading ne.o
causes oops in rta_fill (called from ..., ...,
unregister_net_device). This is not the case if RARP etc. support
is not compiled into the kernel. At the same time I have
no problem unloading dummy.o. I do not supply actual data
because I dont't think it would be helpful.