Re: [probably OFFTOPIC] Linux & DEC Unix, allowed to share executables , with library code incorpara

Feuer (feuer@his.com)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 15:10:44 -0400

This depends on the licensing of the DEC Unix libraries.  Many libraries are
licensed in such a way that they can be distributed in statically-linked
binaries.  This is probably the case with DEC Unix.