Re: Bug in mounting routines of atapi-cdroms

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 12:16:53 -0400

Chris Ricker wrote:

> The problem he's describing sounds like the same one I have that we hunted
> down a couple of weeks ago (the changes in fs/isofs/inode.c between 2.1.101
> and 2.1.102).
>
> Sorry, I'd been meaning to send this to the list since I can't tell from the
> Maintainers file who does isofs (is that you, Gordon?) but then got busy
> with school and forgot about it. At any rate, the changes to
> fs/isofs/inode.c between 2.1.101 and 2.1.102 break cd-rom access for me and
> a few other people. They cause mount attempts of the cdrom to hang forever
> (on all cds, which work fine under 2.0.x / 2.1.x where x <= 101 , so it's
> not a problem with the images being bad). This is still true as of
> 2.1.122-pre2. So far, I haven't been able to narrow it down any farther than
> that set of changes. Isofs people, please ask away if you need more info.,
> have magic patches, etc.

Hi Chris,

IIRC the isofs inode changes in .102 were mine, so I'd be glad to help
you track down whatever CDROM problems you're having. For starters, what
are your config options relating to CDROMS and isofs? What mount options
are you using? And when you try to mount a CD, do you get any messages
in the logs?

Regards,
Bill