Re: sound network driver

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
11 Sep 1998 22:48:06 +0200

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> > What chance those working with ISDN instead of sound card hardware?
>
> It would probably take a lot of work to do anything that would work with
> a "conventional" modem or most phone lines.

[ No, that cannot have been written by Alan -- there's a period at the end
of the last sentence. ;-) ]

"Real" full-duplex 9600 needs echo cancellation and all that stuff. I'd
rather not try this at home (i.e., without a decent DSP at my command).

But stuff which does not need echo cancellation, i.e. G3 fax, would be
really cool to have, if only because Windows can do it. :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs      |        noris network GmbH      |       smurf@noris.de
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/