Re: Bug in mounting routines of atapi-cdroms

Justin A. Kolodziej (4wg7kolodzie@vmsb.csd.mu.edu)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:23:07 -0500

rboos@student.uni-kl.de wrote:

> I'm quite disappointed that my ATAPI-Cdroms can't be mounted right with the 2.1.120 kernel...the bug appears, when the drawer of the cdrom is open, and i then
> try to mount this cdrom...of course with a cd on the drawer.

> It only gives a message that the cdrom ist not ready....and then the mount hangs. But the thing that makes me worry about is that the mount-operation cannot
> be aborted, even with kill -KILL.

Hmmm... It works fine on my old Mitsumi 4X (!) CDROM. Typing "mount
/cdrom" pulls the cd into the drive and mounts it, although it takes a
while ;-)

I and the rest of the list would appreciate it if you told us what
CD-ROM you have. Perhaps there's something funny with these newfangled
32X and faster CD-ROMs they have out.

Thanks...

Justin A. Kolodziej

--