Re: InteractiveWeek: Intel Plans To Offer Support For Linux On Merced

Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:43:31 -0500

menion™ wrote:

> 'Both NT and Linux are slated to be available in 64-bit versions at
> still unspecified dates. '
>
> This is incorrect, we have a 64 bit verison, of course it runs on a
> Sparc64, but if Intel put's up, then I think that the Amazing Kernel
> Developers (tm) will be able to have it ready, or at least quickley
> ready.
>
> Anyway.. are any of the other arch's 64bit?
> I am not a Kernel Guru (tm).

DEC Alpha is 64-bit, and runs well.
RedHat 5.0 on DEC Alpha 433Mhz (Microway Screamer)

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell when the Big One finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell ==Breakfast==Newsboys