Re: NFS does not work

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:00:34 -0400

Thomas Kunert wrote:

> If I do this before I start anything, mount fails rather hard. Even
> reboot stopped at `unmounting file systems', I had to SysRq-u.
> Then I tried this after mount. I copied some big files around and just
> hit `df', then I noticed the stopping. The logs don't say anything to
> me, but perhaps anybody has a magic eye ...

I looked over the logs and didn't spot anything obvious either -- it
appeared that the server wasn't responding, and so client RPC tasks were
just waiting, waking up peridiocally, retrying, and finally timing out.

When this problem occurs for one client, can other clients still connect
to the server and do NFS?

Regards,
Bill