Re: New devfsd available

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:05:57 +1000

Edward S. Marshall writes:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:
> > Hi, all. I've just released a new version of my devfsd (devfs
> > daemon) at: http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~rgooch/linux/
>
> Again, great work. :-) I haven't tested it yet, but will be doing so
> tonight when I get done work.
>
> I whipped up a -very- quick patch to eliminate some -Wall warnings that
> devfsd kicked up (yeah, I'm anal that way ;-). GCC should have optimized
> most of this away anyway, but it's nice doing a compile with -Wall and not
> seeing a single warning. :-)

Erm, I saw the first part of your message and went and fixed a few
warnings, but I missed the actual patch appended :-/
So I've put up a new version of devfsd for you to play with: it's time
for me to sleep now.

> Thanks for the great work on devfs. Has Linus expressed whether
> devfs will actually be going into 2.2 (I know he mentioned he was
> going to evaluate it, but that's the last I heard)?

Last I heard (weeks ago) he was still considering it and he figured it
would probably go in. I've not heard anything since then.

Regards,

Richard....