Re: 2.1.120 breaks PC keyboard

Andrew J. Scott (A.J.Scott@casdn.neu.edu)
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:58:01 EDT

On 9 Sep 98, at 15:03, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Andrew J. Scott wrote:
> > I compiled a test server, and got several errors. On bootup, I saw two
> > messages about keyboard time out. There was a message about a lost
> > interrupt, and the ncr8xx driver kept resetting.
> [...]
>
> Try 2.1.121-pre1, it has a bunch of keyboard changes IIRC.
>
> Jeff

I had been compileing the kernel as SMP, changing it to UP made the
problems go away. I had previously been able to ignore the default,
compile and run the SMP kernel on this particular machine, which has the
option for as second processor. Maybe there are changes in the irq
handling w/regard to SMP that break on my machine. I thought I remember
some discussion on making it possible to run SMP kernels on UP machines,
it certainly used to work.

------------------Mailed via Pegasus 2.53 & Mercury 1.30---------------
A.J.Scott@casdn.neu.edu Fax (617)373-2942
Andrew Scott Tel (617)373-5278 _
Northeastern University--138 Meserve Hall / \ /
College of Arts & Sciences-Deans Office / \ \ /
Boston, Ma. 02115 http://www.casdn.neu.edu / \_/