Re: UVFAT? (Yes, I remember this being kicked around a while ag)

Thu, 10 Sep 1998 07:57:48 +0100

On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 03:05:35PM -0700, Gordon Chaffee wrote:
> I'm looking at adding some optional symlink support to the vfat
> filesystem to make it easier to do things like build kernels or
> other things that require symlinks. Basically, a symlink would be a file
> with the contents of something like:
>
> :SymLink -> asm-i386

If you're going to do this, please make it compatible with the format
used by Cygwin32 (= GNU utilities + Unix emulation on Windows).

I don't know the format, but starting from www.cygnus.com should get you
there pretty quick.

-- Jamie