Re: [offtopic] Re: I2c was: Cobalt Micro (was Re: Build your own Mo therboards)

Wed, 9 Sep 1998 17:48:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Daniel Engstrom wrote:
> > > On 8 Sep, David Lang wrote:
[SNIPPED]

> > Therefore, everybody on the bus has to use a pseudo-random back-off-time to
> > resolve deadlocks.
>
> Hmm,... very similar to Ethernet.

[SNIPPED]

> Yes, but only when talking to the slowest device, if I understand it correct.
> When talking to a fast device it can talk faster.

Sure, but if you were actually designing something, which is how this
thread started, you surely would not want to use this bus. Unfortunately,
there are chips out there that expect their firmware to be uploaded via
IIC during startup.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.118 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).