Re: warning patch for 2.1.120 dcache.c

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@astro.dyer.vanderbilt.edu)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 00:43:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Pat St. Jean wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
> >On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> >> I didn't follow the VIA thread, but I suspect we can black-list DMA
> >> for VIA chipsets.
> >>

> >No you may not do a generic blacklist.

The price of that 'amen' will be to beta test the ide-driver updates
that I am working on with Michel Aubry and Andrew Derrick Balsa.

> Amen to that! I've got a VP-1 board with a K6-233 at home. It works just
> fine with a mix of IDE and SCSI, serving a PC (samba) that I use for
> development.
>
> If something's only partially implemented (like DMA), just trap it and
> don't allow that feature to be used. Don't throw the baby out with the
> bathwater!

'How does that go......no ***, grass, or gas nobody rides for free'

Anyways, welcome to a volunteer list (this is a request)

http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/udma/

Cheers,
Andre