Re: smbfs

carguin@iname.com
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 18:03:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, David Fries wrote:

> I'm running 2.1.119 with smbfs compiled as a module and win95 bug
> workaround on. I'm getting,
> SMBFS: need mount version 6
> from the kernel and smbmount is saying mount error: Invalid argument
>
> Both mounts I have are in the 2 something range and they sould both be very
> recent, or could someone suggest where I can get what I need?

The mount version it refers to is very misleading. It appears to be more a
matter of the version of the data structure. All the current smb tools
seem to use version 5, and I have yet to see any with version 6.

The version number is defined in /usr/include/linux/smb_mount.h

--
Chris Arguin                 | "...All we had were Zeros and Ones -- And
CArguin@iname.com            |  sometimes we didn't even have Ones."