Re: [offtopic] Re: I2c was: Cobalt Micro (was Re: Build your own Motherboards)

Gregory Maxwell (linker@z.ml.org)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 00:57:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

> > Would it be possible to crack open my TV, find the tuner area, locate the
> > I2C, hook it to the computer and sniff it, then use the computer to
> > control the TV? (same for microwave and other such devices)?
> >
> Correct me if I am wrong . I think i2c specification allows only one chip
> to drive the bus. So if you tap into it your tap should be passive. Right ?

Thats basicly what I was looking to find out.. I've got tons of 486sxes
sitting around. I could see myself embeding a 486 with ethernet card into
my TV (there is room in there), having it netboot and haveing a nice SNMP
monitorable TV, and perhaps remotely controling it.

Gee.. Think of the possibilities, network the microwave to the alarm
system..... that would add new meaning to 'being caught red handed'. :) :)
:)