Re: 2.0.35 parallell port very slow

Russell Lambert (russell@amdyne.net)
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 14:56:00 -0400

I've been using 2.1.118 to 2.1.120.

Before when I was using 2.0.35, I used an A/B switch for the printer and zip
drive so I could use them. (it didn't have the parport driver)

I never tried using the interrupt and DMA with that kernel.

But I know that with my Epson and the parport driver, it goes slow and is very
jumpy when I use the DMA and IRQ that Windows 98 assigns to it.

Russell