Re: 2.0.35 parallell port very slow

Russell Lambert (russell@amdyne.net)
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 12:06:25 -0400

I have an Epson Stylus 400. It's attached to a zip drive, but that has never
slowed it down before. When I upgraded to the 2.1 kernels the parport driver
has been great, but I have noticed one disturbing thing. If I set the DMA
and IRQ of the parallel port to what Windows 98 uses, it goes so slow when
printing. It prints a line then waits for more data I suppose. If I just
set up the correct IO port, it works great.

Maybe my parallel port has some kind of bug in it. Disabling the DMA and IRQ
for it has definitely helped.

Russell