Re: [TIMINGS] Re: 2.1.xxx makes Electric Fence 22x slower

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:38:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Bruno Haible wrote:
>
>>Here are timings of the three alternatives, for the "common" case.
>
>The standard kernel profiling is really not realiable in the short term so

No, my real profiling is not what you want. You need that the number say
you how much time the kernel passed in such functions and not how many
times such function is been recalled.

But why not account the time (or better cpu cyles) without use profiling
at all? I don' t think that the standard profiling can give us realiable
numbers in some minutes of testing...

Andrea[s] Arcangeli