Re: linux-2.1.120 and rvplay (real video 5.0.0.35)

Chris.Arguin@unh.edu
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 22:12:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, rhalos wrote:

> Jeffrey Hundstad wrote:
> > Has anyone else had problems with real video player quitting with a
> > "general error".
> >
> > It seems to happen when there is the slightest load to cpu or disk.
> > The video or audio source can exist on the network or locally and the
> > problem continues.
>
> Yes, I've had the same problem. I'm using SB AWE 64 and get a general
> error #1 when playing either video or audio. I can get about half a
> second before it drops out. No further information. I thought it may
> have been the player, but I'll do some testing on it..

Ahh... just ran across that one today myself. I assumed to was a problem
with rvplayer. Same things, both local and network files. I'm using a SB
AWE 32, rvplayer 5.0.0.53.

At the same time, even if I just start rvplayer I cannot select anything
on the menus ( the menus pop-down, but there is no highlight bar ). That
tends to make be doubt it is only a kernel issue.

I'm also getting the occasional UDP and "sockey destroy delayed" messages
(unrelated from the rvplayer issue), but otherwise the kernel works great.

--
Chris Arguin                 | "...All we had were Zeros and Ones -- And
Chris.Arguin@unh.edu         |  sometimes we didn't even have Ones."