Re: 2.1.120 loses with 3c905 ethernet

David S. Miller (davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com)
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 16:02:47 -0700

Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 16:39:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, tl wrote:

> Could someone please revert the 3c59x.c driver back to 0.99E in
> Linux 2.1.x until a better version than 0.99F is available.

I'll revert it.

David, revert it from your tree too so that you don't end up
sending a bad driver again..

I want to keep at least the PCI portability changes in there, those
were not what was mucking people up. My plan was to revert the
non-PCI changes, only the 3c59x MII changes scattered all over the
place, and see if people get a working driver that way.

But I'll conduct this experiment independantly I suppose.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com