Re: Recompile kernel

Sun, 6 Sep 1998 16:39:13 +0200

Hello

> I have that old NEC 260 CDR cd-rom drive. I finally found its
> driver(nec260.c, a C program). To recompile kernel for it I did make
> config..But all the options I went trough (Networking support, TCP/IP
> support..and so on..)dont give me the chance of recompiling my kernel
> with an option for my nec260.c driver. If, at least I had options like
> ..OTHER PERIPHERALS or something like that..I would have try it..but, I
> do not see how I ll be able to recompile kernel with my nec260.c driver.
>
> I have redhat 5.0, kernel 3.0.32,
that's kernel 2.0.32 :)

grep 260 in Documentation/cdrom/*
-> ide-cd has a match
in my source tree .. which is 2.1.119 but I suppose probably in your source tree
too, there is a example where in step 2.Installation, your cdromdrive happened
to be used as the most general example.
Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support
that's what you need .

It's just a general atapi cdrom drive. Now, next time before you have kernel
questions, try to look in the Documentation dir, the answer is probably already
there, on your system.

Friendly greetings
Ulrik