Re: 2.1.120 broken on P5 SMP machines + fix

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 17:08:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:

> As predicted 2.1.120 is broken on P5 SMP machines, because of the
> order change of smp_begin() and check_bugs() in init/main.c. I guess
> it was Linus intend to break it (see my signature)

Never attribute to forethought what can be sufficiently explained by
idiocy.

No, I didn't mean to break it, I just got the ordering confused _again_.

I'll just switch the check_bugs things around again and be red in the
face. Sorry,

Linus