Re: 2.1.110 and newer, SB AWE64

Dave (DGMDGM@INAME.COM)
Fri, 04 Sep 1998 09:48:46 -0400

.
>Description of hardware:
>- Intel Pentium 200MMX running at 3 x 75MHz (225Mhz)

What happens if you run it at 200Mhz??

>- the processor has run at 225MHz for 10 months without any
>problems on 2 different motherboards (just to shut up the
>"don't overclock" people)

That may be true but over clocking takes the chip closer to the edge of its
performance envelope. Small changes like temperature, voltage, what
instructions are executed or even what sequence the instructions are
executed in (ie. cached vs. external) can cause transient timing glitches.
The systems you describe are typical of such a glitch.

I would at least try it at the correct clock speed to see if that fixes
your problem.

Dave